Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2024

The Good Mother

 The Good Mother

Rae Carins



Reviewed by Helen


I have had this one on my TBR pile for quite some time now and I am glad that I finally picked it up, fast paced filled with danger, strong characters good and bad, we meet mother Sarah Calhoun happily living in Sydney with her three children, when her son Riley gets picked to go to Ireland for a soccer camp Sarah is conflicted about what to do, she has so many memories from her time years before in Ireland, should she let him go?

Riley leaves for Ireland and Sarah is confronted by two Irish men, one good, one bad and every memory from those dark days returns when her family is threatened Sarah does what she must to save her children as only a good mother would. She gets on a plane and soon life is filled with danger, and so many people but who does she trust?

I did very much enjoy this one even though to be honest there were times I could have yelled at Sarah, but she could not give up with so many people in danger she had to keep fighting for justice but will she get there alive, will her family be safe and will Sarah finally leave the past behind.

I do highly recommend this one to any reader who loves a good political thriller, they were dark days in Ireland.

4 star

April 1, 2022 by HarperCollins