Pages

Monday, May 17, 2021

Something to Hide

 Something to Hide

Fleur McDonald



Reviewed by Helen


I am loving these books and Detective Dave Burrows, Fleur McDonald sets a cracking pace with suspense and danger in a rural setting and the characters come to life on the pages, Dave and his family move from Barrabine after his cover is blown while hunting stock thieves dangerous brothers, Bulldust and Scotty and now they are on his tail again will he be able to save his family and his marriage?

Dave’s marriage is in serious trouble Mel wants a different life but the police force is what Dave knows and loves, he loves Mel and the girls and wants them to be happy but when Bulldust comes after Dave it is time to take the family to the in-laws while Dave is called back to Barrabine to hunt for more stock thieves with his boss Bob Holden and let major crime concentrate on finding Bulldust and keeping his family safe, this doesn’t sit well with Dave.

Dave cannot let go of searching Bulldust and Scotty even while working on another case, Major crime refuse to keep him updated and talking to Mel is getting harder and harder with her ultimatum family or the job Dave is struggling with what is best he loves Mel and the kid but their safety comes first.

When there are a couple of accidents and Dave loses a best mate Dave is convinced that Bulldust and Scotty have something to do with them and he is like a dog with a bone and never gives up investigating and is determined to get them and save his family at the same time. The ending is real edge of your seat action.

This is a page turner of a story it was really hard to put down even for a short amount of time, I think Dave is one of the best characters that I have read he is true and honest and there to help and he never gives up, I have not read all of Fleur McDonalds’s books but what I have read I have loved and I am determined to read them all. This is a story that I highly recommend, I loved it, action packed and fabulous. Thank you MS McDonald for hours of reading pleasure.

My thanks to Allen & Unwin for my copy to read and review.


5 stars
Published March 30th 2021 by Allen & Unwin