Pages

Friday, November 17, 2023

Lest Bridges Burn

 Lest Bridges Burn

Detective Liz Mooreland #2

Phillipa Nefri Clark



Reviewed by Helen


I have been waiting for this one and was not disappointed, wow what a story, Liz Moorland is one of my favourite characters I love her determination and strength but also her empathy and caring nature to do all things right and solve cases, a fabulous story that was very hard to put down.

When a five year old girl, Eliza goes missing in the park that another five year old went missing in eighteen years ago, who was never found Detective Sergeant Liz Mooreland from homicide feels that there is a link but convincing her bosses is not easy, but Liz will never give up doing what she can to bring this little girl home and perhaps learn more about Ellen from eighteen years ago and this is personal so she must do everything right to stay on the case.

With missing person bought into the case as well as homicide there are some tensions between the two departments but Liz is very happy to be working with Pete again and the investigation is leaning towards a serial kidnapper, and both well planned, with links to people living in Liz’s apartment block, things are heating up and when the kidnapper calls and wants only to speak to Liz, the pressure is on, will they get their man and save Eliza and discover more about Ellen?

MS Clark had me on the edge of my seat with this one there are twists and turns and revelations uncovered will keep everyone on their toes, I was so invested in this story I was speaking to the characters along the way, Phillipa Nefri Clark knows how to pull her readers in, I do highly recommend this one and I am really looking forward to more in the series, bring them on.

My thanks to the author for my digital copy to read and review.

5 stars
November 28, 2023 by Amazon Digital Services