Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Liar Liar by M J Alidge

Reviewed by Desere


I have only read one other book in this series, but just from that one I have pretty much learned that when you pick up a book by this author, you get drama, action, intrigue and a whole lot of on the edge of your seat scariness.  So of course I could not wait to dig into this one.

The latest case for Helen Grace involved multiple arson attacks, someone is literally targeting families in the safety of their homes! So starts Helen and her team’s race against time to save lives.  From the previous book I have already learned that Helen has her very own set of demons to deal with, the demons seem to take a back seat when she’s in the zone to solve the crimes, but every now and then it does seem to pop up whilst she is seriously trying to get to the bottom of a mystery, this alone is a fascination in the books for me. 


I find it hard to imagine how difficult it must be to try and focus on a demon set to destroy the lives of others whilst having to deal with your own set of demons.  The previous book made Helen seem strong enough though to deal with it all, but in Liar Liar I could not help but feel like she helpless.  I am still at odds if it was the actual case or the demons she fights that made her seem more helpless instead of strong like in the previous read, I will get back to you on that after the next book.


None the less the above did not change that this is a fantastic plot, action packed and it kept me up for a whole night too, could not put it down, simply had to see what it was that Helen found.


The author is a master storyteller for sure, he knows exactly how to target your emotions and leave you feeling physically drained with anguish and terror. I look forward the next installment and I certainly hope that the next part will involve the author giving us a little more insight to the demons Helen deals with, I have a definite clear idea on it all but I need more to make that final conclusion.
Highly recommended for all thrill seeking, on the edge of your seat, mystery solving fans!


4.5 star review

“Liar, Liar, pants on fire! Oh no wait it’s the house that’s on fire!!”