Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2023

One of Us

 One of Us

Kylie Kaden



Reviewed by Helen


This one is set in a gated community, filled with security but how and who stabbed one of the residents, a father to three children, a famous ex-swim star there are a few twists along the way as we learn all about a couple of families and how their lives span out.

Gertie and her husband Ed with their three children Kat, Abe and Harry everything has been fabulous since they won their house and moved in, happily married for twenty years when Ed drops a bombshell.

Rachael who is pregnant and Sam and their two boys Ethan and Noah move her for the security they have spent a lot of time in the media over the years and it is time to let that go.

Penny, Martin and their son Spencer live next door to Rachael and Sam and Penny knows all.

Gertie and Rachael become friends and are opening up to each other, both have problems that are affecting them and their families, they are a big support to each other and then a husband is stabbed, fear, worry about who did this ramp up the emotions.

This is a story that I thoroughly enjoyed, getting to know the people who live in this community and their families had me turning the pages, this is my first Kylie Kaden book but it won’t be my last, I loved the twist at the end.

I do highly recommend this one to anyone who loves a good mystery that will keep your turning the pages.

My thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for my copy to read and review.

4 stars
May 3, 2022 by Pantera Press AU