Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2021

No Good Deed

 No Good Deed

Diane Hester



Reviewed by Helen


This is a good story it had me turning the pages to get to the end and work everything out, it is fast paced and so very well written a great romantic suspense, I loved the setting and I do hope that you will pick this one up I didn’t want to put it down.

Cassidy Blaire is a busy twenty two year old woman who runs a soup kitchen The Kettle in Adelaide, while caring for her ill father and searching for her sister Eve who has been missing for two years, romance and a fun life is not for her. But while out running in the Adelaide Hills one cold morning Cass saves the life of a man in a car accident and this will change her life.

Lyle Fuller is thrilled that Cass who he calls his guardian angel has saved his life and because he can afford it he is more than happy to shower Cass with flowers, gifts and donations for the kitchen and is happily wooing her, one suitor is more than enough for Cass but then there is Darren Travers a builder who offers to volunteer with work that is badly needed to keep the soup kitchen open after the last council inspection and he seems to be wooing her as well. Cass worries about the homeless people she serves daily and is very friendly with most of them Zoe is now a permanent volunteer and close friend but there seems to be a lot of vandalism going on and when threats are made to Cass both Lyle and Darren are there but are they both there for the right reasons?

This is a fabulous suspense, my heart was in my stomach on more than one occasion and I felt like pushing some of the characters in the direction I thought was right, I loved Cass what a beautiful person inside and out so caring for these people that need help after all she had been through, never putting herself first and there are so many other characters that helped make this a great story. This first book I have read by this author but it won’t be the last. This is one that I highly recommend.

My thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for my copy to read and review.

5 stars
Published June 4th 2021 by Escape Publishing